Friday, October 19, 2018

noise

i hurl my noise fearlessly into the void
so that I might know that I exist.
echo, it comes back to me

small round rock, pressed into the crease of my palm 
i relinquish it to the tide with a mighty ugh
The waves, already churning, will bring it back 
again for another palm another day

i fight gravity itself, wishing, i think, 
for my small ball to take flight just this time. 
it soars, peaks, changes direction and
plummets to the earth again, and again

as far as I travel many years many roads
still I travel home, ever more whole and real than before
until I travel out again

the lines I seek 
sure and straight 
defy me always,
disappoint.
in their place I find only
circles
endless, eternal. ever and always
a little
mysterious


©2018 Donna Jo Wallace
10-19-2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and insights.